Want to see what you missed at gogoNET LIVE!? PDF files are currently available here and after post production we will add the dual-stream videos of each presentation... so stay tuned!
NOVEMBER 2: PRE-CONFERENCE TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS:
Our technical workshops go beyond information by teaching certain aspects of v6 in a classroom setting often augmented with hands-on tutorials in order to build knowledge
Workshop 1: IPv6 101
This workshop is intended for engineers with basic IPv4 knowledge. IPv6 basics will be introduced, including the transition technologies as well as several transition mechanisms.
- CEO/CTO, Consulintel. Abstract
Workshop 2: Migrating Networks to v6
A technical workshop on a full range of CGNAT solutions and typical migration strategies for global service providers. The CGNAT solution enables service providers to confront the immediate challenge of rapidly depleting IP addresses and provide a transition strategy.
Anjana Kambhampati - Juniper Networks, No Presentation Available
Workshop 3: IPv6 Hands-on Lab (Only available to the first 40 registered attendees)
This hands-on workshop is designed for network engineers interested in deploying IPv6. Prior basic understanding of v6 addressing, neighbour discovery and routing protocols as well as Cisco IOS and CLI would be a plus.
- Distinguished Engineer, Cisco Systems and Fellow at IPv6 Forum. Abstract
, No Presentation Available
- Technical Leader, Cisco. Abstract
, No Presentation Available
NOVEMBER 3: MIGRATING TO V6
After spending years looking for the killer app that would accelerate v6 adoption it is has become clear that the killer
app is Internet continuity and migration will not occur until the "discontinuity event" - that is IPv4 address depletion.
Based on this premise the first day's agenda will include three tracks - Depletion, Pre-depletion and Post-depletion.
Conference Opening Address
Bruce Sinclair - CEO, gogo6 & Conference Co-Chair: Welcome to gogoNET LIVE! Presentation
Latif Ladid - President, IPv6 Forum & Conference Co-Chair Presentation
The Invention Of IPv6
- Check Point Fellow, Check Point Software & Co-inventor of IPv6. Why was IPv6 invented?
Depletion - The "Discontinuity Event"
The Depletion Track zooms in and clearly describes this so called discontinuity event and its effect on the address
distribution chain for this will be the real starting point we've been waiting for. Within their presentations speakers will
address key question about the anatomy of depletion.
- Vice President, IANA. Presentation
- President & CEO, ARIN. Presentation
Tony Hain - Technical Leader, Cisco & Stephan Lagerholm - Senior DNS Architect, Secure64 Software. IPv4 Depletion Models Presentation 1 Presentation 2
- CTO, Infrasctructure Products Group, Juniper Networks. Presentation
Vint Cerf (lead in to panel discussion via video), Elise Gerich, John Curran, Tony Hain, Stephan Lagerholm, David Ward, Latif Ladid and moderated by Bruce Sinclair. No Presentation Available.
The second track will prepare attendees for what needs to be done immediately before depletion. This begins with
planning and then moves into creating a test network either at work or, as is often the case, at home. Or it may have
to begin with convincing your boss to go v6 in the first place.
How Do I Convince My Boss To Go v6?
When technical reasons aren't enough
- CEO, Sunny Connection. Abstract Presentation
Planning for v6 Migration
Creating an effective transition plan
- Proprietor, Academ Consulting Services. Presentation
Creating a v6 Lab/Test Network
Setting up and getting the most out of your lab/test network
- Senior Director of IPv6 Network Services, Command Information. Abstract Presentation
Creating a v6 Home/Test Network
When you can't do it at work... setting up and getting the most out of your home network
- System Administrator, Service Spring Corp. Abstract Presentation
The third track will focus on key functionality that needs to be deployed after depletion. The two most important, transition & interoperability technologies and security will be addressed along with a discussion on home CPE devices.
Transition and Interoperability Technologies and Home CPEs
The technologies that will help us deploy and transition to IPv6
Tony Hain - Technical Leader, Cisco. Presentation
Alain Durand - Juniper. Presentation
- CTO, gogo6. Abstract Presentation
How does v6 change security? What are the new features or changes in security for IPv6
- Cyber Security Principal Architect, QinetiQ. Abstract Presentation
- CTO, Vidder. Abstract Presentation
NOVEMBER 4: VENDOR PRESENTATIONS AND BEST-PRACTICE CASE STUDIES
The conference's second day's agenda will include two tracks: Vendor Products & Roadmaps and Best Practice Case Studies.
Day 2 Conference Opening Address
- CEO, gogo6 & Conference Co-Chair. Anatomy of gogoNET Presentation
- CTO, gogo6. Anatomy of Freenet6 Presentation
- Sr. Network Engineer, Peak IP Solutions. CAv6TF Update Presentation
- IPv6 Forum, Leader & Pioneer. NAv6TF Update Presentation
Vendor Products and Roadmaps
The first track focuses on the commercial products needed to implement what was learned during the first two days. Vendors will discuss their current product lines and near term roadmaps.
John Lehane - Juniper Networks Presentation
- CTO, gogo6. Presentation
- Director of Technical Marketing, Mu Dynamics. Presentation
- Senior DNS Architect, Secure64 Software. Presentation
BEST PRACTIVE CASE STUDIES
The second track allows attendees to learn from best practice case studies on implementing IPv6 in the areas of government/enterprise networks, software development and content providers.
Migrating Government/Enterprise Networks to v6
How government and enterprise should prepare for the move to IPv6.
- COO, Auspex Technologies. Abstract Presentation
- HPCMP IPv6 Implementation Manager. Abstract Presentation
Migrating Software to v6
What is involved in writing v6 capable applications and converting existing software v6?
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Arbor Networks. Abstract Presentation
- Director IPv6 Strategy, Hurricane Electric. Presentation
Migrating Content Provider Networks to v6
What pitfalls and issues have the leading content providers faced in enabling v6?
- Director, IPv6Now. Abstract Presentation
- Sr. Network Engineer, Facebook. Presentation